Saturday, 18 January 2014

A Trail of Style Combination

At the specific beginning of the project Quenching Blue animation, I was exploring a stylised visual representation way. I have felt it not easy trying to show something special. On the other hand, this is attractive experience with fabulous challenge. Owing to the reason that there were enormous number of splendid previous works had been employing the methods I thought of, I attempted to separate the circumstance in the animation scenes to two different style, especially in architecture in order to make it more distinct. To achieve this target, I strove not to let each of the building style effect the other one. On the contrary, I found it exhausting to give a building some Victorian-style embellishment whilst performing it avoiding a steampunk element and, with a trend, with some mechanical component.

Then I got in touched with a video game produced several years ago. Alice Madness Returns is an impressive work based on the fairy tale Alice in Wonderland. What attracted me involved in it was a scene representing some steampunk environment.


The imaginative pictures of the scene Hatter's Place impressed me not just by the way it made colour and elements so gorgeous, but also enlightening me that I can combine the 2 architectural style in some conditions. Thanks to this some ideas occured that some Victorian decoration can be put on the mechanical components like cogs and metal boards.

Of course it is way too hard to me to create image as the same level beauty as this fabulous work. On the contrary, I will have a try to do some combination between the Victorian buildings and steampunk style. Additionally, extraordinary imitation is never what I would allow myself to perform. The structure of the scenes in this game is inspiring me. Meanwhile I would try to use another colouring method even it looks less professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment