Sunday, 22 June 2014

The style of my Postgraduate Final Project Nature is Beautiful has been confirmed containing incoherent and fragile shorts mainly rendering some shapes, beams and other visual elements of the nature.



Actually, I have never created a work with just concept and consciousness representation yet. All video or image work I did before was based on some commercial or solid utilities. From my previous work for some authentic clients to the animation Energy Drink: Terminator that based on my interest, I was merely following the requirement from majority of the market. They were filled with realistic colourising, impacting camera shots and robots, and violent actions.


Subsequently, I created another animation Quenching Blue with more cartoon style and also telling an actual story. Hence I realised the fruitful feeling when attempting to adventure to a unfamiliar domain. Even there could not be such qualified products as from the familiar field. On the contrary, the challenges expanded my horizon and gave me diverse experience. In addition, abundant styles of work is definitely beneficial for my showreel.

For my final project of MA, I am planning to create a video with a style I never tried before. As watched some masterpieces when taking part in some impressive activities and learning from reading enlightening books such as Paul Wells' Understanding Animation, there is some different methods appearing in my mind. There were enormous things changing when it comes to making animation and visual effects for me. In my conscious now, the soft and technology is not merely tools to tell stories, but also effective implements to show gorgeous images. An animation could exist not for telling a lore or broadcasting for commercial purpose. While representing one thing, it can only contain colour, shapes and characters only diffusing the information. For my final project, it can transmit the beauty of nature that is either obvious or hidden in civilization. It does not have to be a succeed logical animation but would be composed by some shattered shots.


For now I have to learn much functions of Cinema 4D which is proved to be a magic tool box that match what I am planning to make. Watching tutorials is necessary whilst reaping large amount of inspiration is required. I have already assured the After Effects plugin Plexus is going to be a significant tool for the work.

It can be foreseen that there is various work to do. Contrarily the result is exciting and worth to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment